Let & Go Ltd is responsible for looking after your personal data collected in relation to its business activities and is committed to ensuring that the information you give us is safe and secure.
This Privacy Notice explains more about the information held, how it is used and what your rights are.
Our Privacy Notice explains:
- The Law;
- Who we are and the services we provide;
- The personal information we collect;
- How we collect and use your personal information;
- Why we process your personal information;
- Information we share
- How long we will hold your information for
- The rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information;
- The steps we take to ensure your information is kept secure and confidential;
- How to contact us.
1. The Law – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016
This piece of legislation came into force on the 25th May 2018. The GDPR regulates the processing of personal data, and protects the rights and privacy of all living individuals (including children), for example by giving all individuals who are the subject of personal data a general right of access to the personal data which relates to them. Individuals can exercise the right to gain access to their information by means of a ‘subject access request’. Personal data is information relating to an individual and may be in hard or soft copy (paper / manual files; electronic records; photographs; CCTV images), and may include facts or opinions about a person.
For more detailed information on these Regulations see the Data Protection Data Sharing Code of Practice (DPCoP) from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please follow this link to the ICO’s website (www.ico.org.uk).
2. Who we are and the services we provide
Let & Go Ltd provides the following services: Residential Property Lettings and Sales.
Let & Go Ltd registered trading address is;
Registered in England and Wales No. 6159959
VAT Registration No. 907512927
3. What personal information we collect
Typically, Let & Go will collect the following information about you:
Full name (including any middle names and any previous names), e-mail address, telephone numbers, date of birth (DOB), present address, previous addresses, residential status, landlord details, NI number, nationality, passport*, employer’s details, employer’s address, employer’s phone number, ethnicity, bank details, how many dependents, dependents’ names, dependents DOB, Primary ID*, Address ID*, bank statements*, proof of deposit*, payslips*, self-employed accounts*.
*We will need to see original documents and we will take copies for our records.
Where applicable name of Guarantor, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, nationality, NI number.
Property details: address, term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities; solicitor details, accountant details.
4. How we collect and use your personal information
The information will generally be collected directly via the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, in our office or through a telephone conversation with you.
In addition, you may choose to submit information directly to us via several methods, including:
- In response to marketing or other communications,
- Through social media,
- By signing up for a Let & Go service.
You may also agree to third parties disclosing information about you to us that those third parties have collected.
We, our service providers and partners collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, when you interact with our advertisements, mobile applications, or visit our websites, pages or other digital assets.
The information we collect in this manner may include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. We may use third-party web analytical services on our websites and mobile apps the analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected.
“Your Rights and Choices” section of this Privacy Notice specifies your ability to opt out or limit the usage of the information collected.
5. Why we process your personal information
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- Assessing applicants for and providing Let & Go services;
- Process payments / transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation, Clearing, Chargebacks, Auditing, Billing, Reconciliation, Collection, Complaints, Enquiries, Credit Checks and related dispute resolution activities;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering (please see below), tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and agent quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes;
- Create and manage any accounts, associated authentication criteria (ID’s and passwords) you may have with Let & Go;
- Provide, administer, and communicate with you about Let & Go services, offers and promotions;
- Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our services, websites, mobile applications, other digital assets and business;
- Developing new services;
- Managing communications, assess effectiveness and optimisation of advertising;
- Functionality of our websites, mobile applications and other digital assets;
- Comply with industry standards and Let & Go policies.
5.1. Anti-Money Laundering
In addition to help you with a property-related service we have to comply with certain regulations for example the “Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (referred to as “the Regulations).” We are required to obtain certain information from you to comply with the Regulations. The information provided will only be used by us in relation to complying with the Regulations and will not be shared with any other party unless we are required to do so under law.
If you decide to enter in to a business relationship with Let & Go to comply with certain regulations, we will require two separate identification documents – one primary and one secondary document even if it appears on both lists. The information may be required at various stages of the process depending whether you are renting, purchasing or selling.
Primary Documents – Proof of ID
- Valid Passport,
- Valid full UK photo driving license or EU/EEA/Switzerland photo driving license,
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland National Identity Card,
- Valid UK Armed Forces ID Card,
- Valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (copy of both sides),
- Valid Blue disabled drivers pass (with photo),
- Valid Freedom Pass,
- Valid Local Authority Bus pass,
- Department of Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details including National Insurance Number dated within last 12 months
Secondary documents = proof of residence (home)
- Valid full UK photo driving license,
- Local authority council tax band bill (dated within last 6 months),
- UK Bank / Building societies statements/bills showing activity, dated within the last six months. Including account number and sort code (electronic acceptable),
- UK mortgage statement (dated within last 12 months) (electronic acceptable),
- Utility bill dated within the last 6 months including – electricity bill (with MPAN number), landline, gas, satellite TV, water (electronic acceptable). (Not mobile phone bills),
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Inland Revenue (IR) coding / assessment statement (dated within the last 12 months) with National Insurance Number,
- Department for Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details and NI number (dated within last 12 months).
We reserve the right to employ third party electronic verification for the purposes of verifying identity. This search will not affect your credit rating.
5.2. Lawful basis of processing
Let & Go processes your information under the following:
• Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Let & Go and we need to process your information as part of this contract;
• Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Let & Go as part of its legitimate interests which include: Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, suppressions, and managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, updating customer details, lettings, sales, removals and other core services provided by the data controller;
• Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data.
6. Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We may share the information with, but not limited to:
- In order to carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant (or guarantor) including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks and obtaining references from relevant parties whose data you have provided,
- If you request so, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective tenant / guarantor or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency,
- If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant,
- In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, freeholder, factor, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
- Vetted, contracted service providers including: gas engineers, electricians, builders, plumbers etc,
- Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf: Hosting Datacentre’s, infrastructure, applications (development / support) cloud services (software as a service – SaaS, Platform as a service – PaaS, infrastructure as a service – IaaS)
We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf with legal requirements
- Councils, health and care providers,
- Other law firms,
- Credit agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and other relevant regulatory bodies,
- Additionally, we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
7. How long we will hold your information for
We only keep your information for as long as necessary for the relevant activity or as required by law. We generally keep personal information for a year unless you have entered into a contract with Let & Go in which we would keep your personal information for 7 years in with accordance with legislative enforceable by HMRC.
Your information will only be stored within the UK.
8. Your rights and choices
Your rights regarding the sensitive / personal information we maintain about you enable you to exercise choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information and how we communicate with you
8.1. Access and correction
You have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you,
- Request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you,
- Receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you,
- Require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below:
8.2. Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information
If you feel that the information we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate you can contact us outlining the information you feel is incorrect or inaccurate. If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
8.3. Object to the processing of your personal information
If you would like to object to any processing of your information by Let & Go you can contact us outlining what processing of information you would like to object to.
8.4. Have the information deleted
If you would like Let & Go to delete information we hold about you, you can contact us outlining what information you would like deleted.
8.5. Opting out of processing
You can opt out of collection of personal information by automated means e.g. when visiting our website or visit third-party websites and interact with our adverts, by using the Cookie Consent tool displayed in the website (the browser you use may provide options on how to opt out of receiving certain types of cookies). However without cookies you may not be able to use all of the website features and/or online services.
The definition of Cookies is small text-based files left on your computer following a visit to a website. It is common practice to use these to help websites operate, or operate more effectively, in addition to providing information to the website owners.
At the bottom of this page you will see a box which allows you to decide whether or not to accept or decline our website’s cookies. Cookies can be controlled in your browser’s setting with most web browsers. If you want to obtain more information about cookies, including ways to see cookie settings and including managing and deleting them, please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Should you decide to disable cookies, please be aware that certain elements of this website may not work as intended. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking for all websites by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
8.6. Withdrawal of consent
If we obtain your information by consent you have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us. If we process your information under legitimate interest you can object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information.
Let & Go will apply your preferences going forward. Doing so will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain services and promotions.
The right to consent removal may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements and you will be informed appropriately.
9. Security of Information
9.1. How we protect personal information
The security of your personal information is very important and Let & Go is committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We use SSL encryption on a number of our websites from which we transfer certain personal information.
Computerised records are kept under password protection security. Paper records are kept in locked filing cabinets stored within a secure cupboard located in the office. Let and Go personnel who have access to your personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected.
Let & Go stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
When documents holding personal information are no longer required by Let & Go, they are shredded in-house (using a cross-shredder) without delay and not stored for batch shredding.
10. How to contact us / Complaints and feedback
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of your personal information, applicable privacy laws / principles or a concern about Let & Go privacy practices, you may e-mail us at: email@example.com or write to us at:
Let & Go Ltd
If we fall short of your personal information, applicable privacy laws / principles or a concern about Let & Go privacy practices, please contact us via the details provided above. To assist us in responding to your request, please give full details of the issue. We attempt to review and respond to all complaints within reasonable time.
If we cannot for lawful reasons complete your request we will explain this to you to the extent that we lawfully can.
11. Updating this Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time so we suggest that you review the Notice at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to the Notice we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.